Swindon Town 1 Stockport County 2

Swindon manager Andy King was sent off as his side crumbled to a 2-1 defeat against lowly Stockport - their first home league defeat since the opening day of the season.

King was banished to his stands in stoppage time after a touchline row with referee as Swindon blew the chance to move into the automatic promotion places.

Swindon dominated the first half and should have been in front as early as the 16th minute when they were awarded a penalty. Referee Ross had no hesitation in pointing to spot after midfielder David Duke had been clumsily bundled over by Stockport's Kevin Ellison on the edge of the area.

Top scorer Tommy Mooney stepped up to take the kick in the absence of injured strike partner Sam Parkin.

But the veteran striker put his kick straight into the arms of Stockport goalkeeper James Spencer much to the relief of the 200 travelling fans.

Mooney made amends for that blunder with the opening goal right on the stroke of half time.

The former Watford and Birmingham star planted an unstoppable volley past Spencer from six yards out after racing onto midfielder Steve Robinson's right-wing cross.

Stockport, without a win in nine matches going in to the game, grabbed a surprising equaliser six minutes into the second half.

Swindon failed to clear defender Dave Challinor's long throw-in leaving pint sized striker Stuart Barlow to tap home at the back post.

Mooney forced a superb save from Spencer with a long range free kick soon after.

Swindon should have found themselves back in front on 73 minutes when defender Andy Gurney headed just wide from Dukes' corner.

Teenager Spencer was the hero again just four minutes later, producing a superb reaction save to keep out Mooney's bullet header.

Stubborn Stockport stunned the home fans when striker Aaron Wilbraham popped up with a late winner following fine break away move.

Wilbraham handed caretaker boss John Hollins his first win since taking temporary control last month with his third goal of the season.

The 23-year-old beat Swindon keeper Rhys Evans from six yards out after the home side had failed to deal with midfielder Martin Pemberton's free kick.